I have been using Thinkific for many years, and it has become one of my favorite learning platforms. It is a powerful tool that enables me to create engaging online courses, manage customer data, and track progress. Its robust features allow me to easily create stunning websites with custom designs and layouts.
Knowing the URL (or web address) for each page on your Thinkific site is essential to link to it from other sites or within your content. Knowing the exact URL makes it easier for users to find specific pages quickly without searching your entire site.
For this reason, I have made this article in the first place! This article provides an overview of locating the URLs for any page on your Thinkific site. By following these steps, you can confidently share links, knowing that they are accurate!
Understanding URLs and their Structure
A URL (Uniform Resource Locator) is a web address pointing to a specific page, post, or image online. It is usually made up of letters, numbers, and symbols that denote the location of a particular file or website.
Components of a URL
It’s important to understand how to find the URL for a page on your Thinkific site by being familiar with the components of a URL. The most common components are:
- Protocol – This indicates the protocol used (i.e., http:// or https://)
- Domain name – This is the unique name assigned to your website (i.e., www.site url.com)
- Path – This denotes the folder where files are stored (i.e., /path/to/page)
- Query string – These are additional parameters added after the path (i.e., ?query=string)
- Fragment identifier – These are also known as “anchors” and can link pages together within one website (i.e., #fragment_id)
Common URL Formats
When it comes to URLs, there are several common formats that you may come across:
- Absolute URLs – These include all components listed above and point directly to an individual page on your site (i.e., http://www.exampleurl.com/page1)
- Relative URLs – These do not include all components listed above but refer relative paths from one page within your site to another (i.e., /page2)
How to Find the URL for a Page on Your Thinkific Site
There are several methods to find the URL for a page on your Thinkific site. Here is an overview of each method and the steps involved:
Method 1: Navigation Bar
One way to locate the URL of a page on your Thinkific site is through the navigation bar. To do this, simply navigate to the page you want to find the URL and look at the navigation bar at the top of your screen.
The URL should be visible in your browser’s address bar, so all you need to do is copy and paste it wherever you need it.
Method 2: Course Dashboard
If you are trying to find the URL for one of your courses, you can easily access it from your course dashboard.
Log into Thinkific and go to My Courses > Manage Courses > Select Your Course > View Course Details. You will see a list of URLs associated with that course, including its landing page, checkout page, and thank-you page.
Copy and paste whichever URL you need into any other website or social media post.
Method 3: Browser Address Bar
Another option is to use your browser’s address bar. All you have to do is type in or paste in (if copying from another source) the exact address of whatever page you want to access on Thinkific into your browser’s address bar, hit enter/return key, and voila!
You will be taken directly to that page with its corresponding URL displayed in front of you.
Method 4: Page Source Code
The last method involves digging around in some code!
If all else fails, try accessing a web page’s source code by right-clicking anywhere within that web page (on PC) or pressing Command + Option + U (on Mac). Doing so will open up a new window containing all of that webpage’s HTML markup, including its unique URL and dozens more lines of code related specifically to how that webpage looks and functions when rendered by a browser.
If this isn’t something you’re comfortable doing, just stick with one of these other methods instead!
Tips for Optimizing URLs on Your Thinkific Site
SEO-friendly URLs are essential for any website, especially a Thinkific site. Search engine algorithms use these URLs to determine the relevance of your content and rank it accordingly. Optimizing your URL structure can help ensure that your content ranks higher in search results.
Tips for Creating URLs on Thinkific
When creating URLs on Thinkific, there are a few best practices that you should keep in mind:
- Keep them short – Long and complicated URLs can be difficult for users to remember or type incorrectly.
- Use keywords – Include relevant keywords in the URL so that search engines can easily identify what your page is about,
- Avoid using underscores – Underscores are often seen as separators by search engines, which can affect how they interpret the URL.
- Use hyphens instead of spaces – Hyphens make it easier for search engines to read the URL and understand what it’s about.
Tools to Help Optimize your Thinkific Site’s URLs
There are also several tools available that you can use to optimize your Thinkific site’s URLs:
This tool helps you quickly and efficiently audit, analyze and optimize your site’s URLs quickly and efficiently. It also allows you to check for broken links or redirects so that you can fix them right away.
Google Search Console
This tool provides detailed reports on how Google sees your site’s pages, including any crawl errors or indexing issues that need to be fixed. You can also use this tool to submit an updated version of a sitemap whenever changes have been made to your website.
In this article, I have provided an overview of locating the URLs for any page on your Thinkific site. Knowing each page’s URL (or web address) is essential to link to it from other sites or within your content. Additionally, having SEO-friendly URLs is essential for any website, especially a Thinkific site, to help ensure your content ranks higher in search results.
My final thoughts and recommendations are as follows:
- Always keep your URLs concise.
- Use relevant keywords.
- Avoid using underscores.
- Use hyphens instead of spaces when creating URLs on Thinkific.
Finally, there are several tools available that you can use to optimize your Thinkific site’s URLs, such as Screaming Frog and Google Search Console.