Are you using Thinkific to manage your online courses? If so, ensuring that your billing information is up-to-date is crucial. Inaccurate or outdated billing information can lead to payment failures, subscription cancellations, and even course suspension.
That’s why it’s important to know how to update your credit card and billing information in Thinkific. This article will provide a comprehensive guide on managing your billing information in Thinkific, including step-by-step instructions on updating your credit card information and billing details.
Whether you’re new to Thinkific or a seasoned user, this guide will help you keep your billing information accurate and up-to-date.
Accessing Your Account Settings
Accessing your account settings is the first step in updating your billing information in Thinkific. Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your Thinkific account.
- Once logged in, navigate through your admin dashboard menu on the left.
- Under the (name)’s Account section, select “Account details.”
- You should now be on the Account Details page, where you can manage your billing information.
It’s important to note that you need to be the owner of the Thinkific account or have administrator privileges to access the Account & Billing page. If you don’t have the necessary permissions, you must contact the account owner or an administrator to help you update your billing information.
Updating Your Credit Card Information
Now that you’re on the Account Details page, it’s time to update your credit card information. Thinkific allows you to update your old credit card to a new one. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the “Update Credit Card” button under your billing details.
- Enter your new credit card details, including the card number, expiration date, and security code.
- Once you enter your new credit card details, click “Update and Save.”
And that’s it! Updating your credit card information is as simple as it is!
If your payment fails and you have an outstanding balance, Thinkific will automatically retry your payment for up to 10 days. If your payment is unsuccessful after 10 days, your account may be suspended. Therefore, updating your credit card information as soon as possible is important to avoid any payment issues.
Billing Information Management
Aside from updating your credit card information, there are other aspects of billing information that you may need to manage in Thinkific. Here are the steps to update your billing address, plan, and billing frequency:
Updating Your Billing Email Address
There is currently no option to change your current email address to a new one for billing purposes. In cases where changes in site ownership may take place, the only choice you can have is to directly contact Thinkific’s customer support hotline via email.
The Thinkific support team will handle the billing address update head-on once you contact them. Email firstname.lastname@example.org using your current billing email address to update to a new address.
Updating Your Plan and Billing Frequency
If you want to change your billing frequency from monthly to annual or vice versa, follow these steps:
- Under the (name)’s Address section within your account dashboard menu, select “Update your plan.”
- Clicking on the link will redirect you to the page where you can upgrade or downgrade your current plan to a different one.
- If you wish to update your billing frequency (monthly or yearly), toggle at the top section of the page and click on your preferred frequency.
- Your changes will automatically be saved as soon as you click on any of these options.
Depending on your subscription plan, certain aspects of billing information management may not be available or require contacting Thinkific support directly. Contact their support team for assistance if you have questions or issues managing your billing information in Thinkific.
Updating your credit card and billing information in Thinkific is generally straightforward, but some common issues may arise. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve these issues:
Common Issues When Updating Credit Card Information
- Invalid card information: Ensure you enter the correct credit card information, including the card number, expiration date, and security code.
- Payment declined: If your payment is declined, ensure you have sufficient funds in your account and that your card isn’t expired or blocked.
- Technical issues: If you’re experiencing technical issues, such as the page not loading or freezing, try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser.
- Refresh the page: Sometimes, refreshing the page can resolve technical issues.
- Try a different browser: If the issue persists, use a different browser.
- Contact Thinkific support: If you’re still experiencing issues, contact Thinkific support for assistance. They’ll be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps depending on your issue.
By following these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to resolve any issues you encounter when updating your credit card and billing information in Thinkific.
Updating your credit card and billing information in Thinkific is an important task that can prevent payment issues and ensure uninterrupted access to your course content.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily update your credit card and billing information and manage other aspects of your billing information, such as your billing address, payment method, and billing frequency. If you encounter any issues, use the troubleshooting steps provided to resolve them and contact Thinkific support for assistance if necessary.
With these tips, you can stay on top of your billing information and enjoy a seamless experience using Thinkific.