As an instructor, you might have already set up your course on Thinkific, one of the most popular online course platforms. As you go through the platform’s various settings, you might have encountered the term “days to expiry.” But what does it mean, and why is it important to understand it as an instructor?
Days to expiry refers to the duration of time that a student has to access a course from the day they enroll. It’s important to consider while setting up your course, as it determines how long your students can access your course material.
In this article, we will dive deeper into what days to expiry mean on Thinkific and discuss how you can determine the enrollment expiry dates for your course. So, let’s get started and ensure that you set up the right expiration dates for your students’ seamless learning experience!
Understanding Days to Expiry
Understanding the concept of “days to expiry” is crucial to ensure that your students can access your course material for the appropriate duration.
Days to expiry refers to the number of days a student has access to your course material from the day they enroll. Depending on your requirements, you can customize this feature and set a specific number of days for each course.
How It’s Calculated and Displayed on Thinkific
Thinkific calculates the days to expiry automatically based on the enrollment date and the number of days you have set for the course. This information is displayed in the student dashboard, enabling them to track how much time they have left to complete the course.
Different Types of Enrolment Expiry Options on Thinkific
Thinkific offers different types of enrolment expiry options to suit your needs. These options include fixed expiry, rolling expiry, and subscription-based expiry.
- With fixed expiry, all students who enroll in your course can access the content for a set number of days, regardless of when they enroll.
- On the other hand, rolling expiry provides students with access to the course for a specific number of days from the day they enroll, and the expiry date rolls forward for each student.
- Lastly, subscription-based expiry provides access to course content as long as the student maintains an active subscription.
To summarize, understanding the different types of enrolment expiry options and how Thinkific calculates days to expiry will enable you to set appropriate expiration dates for your courses, providing your students with a seamless learning experience.
How to Determine Enrollment Expiry Dates
Setting the enrollment expiry dates on Thinkific is essential to course creation. As an instructor, you need to determine how long you want your students to have access to your course material. Here’s a guide on determining the enrolment expiry dates for your course on Thinkific.
Factors to Consider When Setting Enrolment Expiry Dates
- Course duration: The length of the course is a crucial factor in determining the enrolment expiry date. Ensure that your students have sufficient time to complete the course material.
- The complexity of the course material: If your course material is complex, it might take longer for students to complete it. Consider this while setting the enrolment expiry date.
- Student needs: Understand your student’s needs and learning preferences and set an expiry date that aligns with their learning goals.
Steps to Set Enrolment Expiry Dates on Thinkific
- Login to your Thinkific account and select the course you want to edit.
- Navigate to the course settings tab and select “Pricing.”
- Scroll down to the “Enrollment Expiry” section and choose the type of expiry you want to set.
- Input the number of days you want your students to have access to your course material.
- Click on “Save” to set the enrolment expiry date.
How to Update or Change Enrolment Expiry Dates on Thinkific
- Navigate to the course dashboard and select the course you want to edit.
- Click on the “Settings” tab and select “Pricing.”
- Scroll down to the “Enrollment Expiry” section and update the number of days you want to add or remove.
- Click on “Save” to update the enrolment expiry date.
By considering the factors mentioned above and following the steps to set and update enrolment expiry dates on Thinkific, you can ensure that your students have access to your course material for the appropriate duration of time, providing them with a better learning experience.
Best Practices for Managing Enrollment Expiry Dates
Enrollment expiry dates are an essential part of course creation on Thinkific, and managing them is crucial to providing a seamless learning experience for your students. Here are some best practices for managing enrolment expiry dates on Thinkific.
Importance of Communication with Students About Enrolment Expiry Dates
It’s essential to communicate the enrolment expiry dates to your students before they enroll in the course. This will help them plan their learning schedule and ensure sufficient time to complete the course material.
You can email your students, highlighting the enrolment expiry dates and reminding them to complete the course before the expiration date.
Tips for Managing Enrolment Expiry Dates for Multiple Courses on Thinkific
If you have multiple courses on Thinkific, managing enrolment expiry dates effectively can be challenging. Here are some tips to help you manage them efficiently:
- Keep a schedule: Create a schedule or calendar to keep track of the enrolment expiry dates for all your courses. This will help you plan your course creation and update the expiry dates accordingly.
- Use bulk actions: Thinkific allows you to perform bulk actions on courses, such as updating enrolment expiry dates. You can use this feature to update expiry dates for multiple courses simultaneously.
- Automate reminders: You can set up automated reminders to remind your students of their enrolment expiry dates. This will ensure your students know the expiration date and take the necessary steps to complete the course.
Enrolment expiry dates are an essential aspect of course creation on Thinkific. Understanding and managing them can ensure a seamless learning experience for your students and maximize the value of your courses.
This article discusses what “days to expiry” means on Thinkific and how to determine enrolment expiry dates. We’ve also shared some best practices for managing enrolment expiry dates, including the importance of communication with students, strategies for extending enrolment expiry dates, and tips for managing enrolment expiry dates for multiple courses.
By following these best practices, you can ensure your students have sufficient time to complete the course material and achieve their learning objectives. So, take the time to set appropriate enrolment expiry dates, communicate them effectively, and manage them efficiently to create a positive learning experience for your students.