Creating an online course can be a daunting task. However, surveys can be an excellent tool to help you understand the needs of your target audience and improve your course. One platform that offers a survey feature for online course creators is Thinkific. This article provides an overview of the Thinkific Scored Survey feature and how it can help you create better online courses.
How to Create a Scored Survey in Thinkific
Thinkific provides an easy and intuitive way to create scored surveys. Here are the step-by-step instructions to create a scored survey:
- Log in to your Thinkific account and navigate to the course dashboard.
- Click on the “Surveys” tab, then click the “Create Survey” button.
- Select “Scored Survey” as the survey type.
- Name your survey and customize the settings as needed.
- Add your survey questions using the survey builder tool.
- Assign a score to each question and indicate the correct answers.
- Preview your survey to ensure it looks and works as expected.
- Publish your survey and share the link with your audience.
Best practices for designing effective survey questions
To design effective survey questions, consider the following best practices:
- Keep your questions clear and concise
- Avoid leading or biased questions
- Use closed-ended questions whenever possible
- Offer an option for “prefer not to answer”
- Use consistent language and avoid jargon
Tips for increasing survey completion rates
To increase survey completion rates, consider the following tips:
- Keep the survey short and focused
- Provide an incentive for completing the survey
- Use clear and concise instructions
- Ensure the survey is mobile-friendly
By following these best practices and tips, you can create effective scored surveys that provide valuable insights to inform your online course creation.
Analyzing Results of Thinkific Scored Surveys
Thinkific offers various tools to help course creators analyze the results of their scored surveys. Once students have completed the survey, creators can access a summary of their responses, including the percentage of students who answered each question correctly. This can help creators identify knowledge gaps and areas for improvement in their course content.
Creators can also export the survey data into a spreadsheet format, which allows for a more in-depth analysis of the results. The spreadsheet includes a breakdown of each student’s responses to each question, as well as overall statistics such as average scores and standard deviations.
By analyzing the survey results, course creators can make data-driven decisions about how to improve their courses. For example, they may identify topics or concepts that require additional explanation or consider adjusting the difficulty level of their course content.
Overall, the ability to analyze survey results within Thinkific provides valuable insights for course creators to continually improve their courses and meet the needs of their students.
Best Practices for Using Thinkific Scored Surveys
Surveys are only useful if they are designed well and effectively distributed to students. Here are some best practices for using Thinkific Scored Surveys to improve your courses:
- Design survey questions carefully: Make sure your questions are clear, concise, and relevant to your course. Avoid leading questions or questions that may confuse students.
- Keep surveys short: Students are more likely to complete shorter surveys, so make sure to only include necessary questions.
- Set clear expectations: Let students know why you are conducting the survey and what you plan to do with the results.
- Follow up with changes: If you receive feedback that indicates a change is needed, follow up with students and let them know what changes you are implementing and why.
- Protect student privacy: Ensure that responses are anonymous and that student privacy is protected throughout the survey process.
By following these best practices, you can effectively use Thinkific Scored Surveys to gather valuable feedback from your students and improve your courses.
Alternatives to Thinkific Scored Surveys
If you’re looking for alternative survey tools, there are several options to consider:
- Google Forms: Google Forms is a popular survey tool that is free and easy to use. It offers a wide range of question types and allows for custom branding and design.
- SurveyMonkey: SurveyMonkey is a well-known survey tool that offers a variety of survey templates and question types. It also provides analytics and data visualization tools to help you interpret survey results.
- Typeform: Typeform is a modern, visually appealing survey tool that offers a conversational approach to survey design. It has a user-friendly interface and provides customizable branding options.
However, if you are already using Thinkific as your course platform, using the Scored Survey feature can save you time and effort by seamlessly integrating survey results into your course dashboard. Additionally, Thinkific Scored Surveys are specifically designed for online courses, so they may offer more targeted insights for course creators compared to general survey tools.
In conclusion, Thinkific Scored Survey is a valuable feature that can help course creators gather feedback and improve their online courses. By following best practices for survey design and implementation, course creators can use survey data to make data-driven decisions and enhance the overall learning experience for their students.