Manual student entry is a feature in Thinkific that allows course creators to manually enroll students into their courses. This feature is particularly useful when a course creator wants to enroll a student who has not signed up through the usual channels, such as the course landing page or the checkout process. Manual student entry can also be used to offer free courses to specific students or to add new students to a course after the enrollment period has ended.
The benefits of manual student entry in Thinkific include flexibility, increased control over the enrollment process, and the ability to offer customized pricing and course access to specific students. Let’s take a closer look at how to use this feature and some best practices for manual student entry in Thinkific.
Reasons for Using Manual Student Entry in Thinkific
When to use manual student entry in Thinkific
Manual student entry is useful when you want to enroll students who haven’t registered for your course through the Thinkific course sign-up form.
Manual student entry is also useful when you want to enroll students who are not able to purchase your course through the Thinkific checkout process.
Benefits of manual student entry in Thinkific
Manual student entry allows you to enroll students into your course without requiring them to go through the standard registration process.
Manual student entry can help you increase your course enrollment by making it easier for students to sign up for your course.
How to Add Students Manually in Thinkific
If you want to add students manually in Thinkific, you can do so by following these steps:
- From the Thinkific admin dashboard, navigate to Users, and then click on Students.
- Click on the “+ New Student” button located in the top right corner.
- Fill out the required fields, including the student’s first and last name and email address. You can also add additional information, such as a username, password, and custom fields.
- Click the “Create Student” button to add the student to your Thinkific site.
Alternatively, you can import a CSV file to add multiple students at once or manually enroll students into a course.
There are different ways to add students manually in Thinkific, but these steps provide a general idea of how it can be done.
Best Practices for Manual Student Entry in Thinkific
If you’re planning to use manual student entry in Thinkific, here are some best practices to follow:
- Use descriptive names for students: When manually adding students to your course, make sure to use descriptive and unique names for each student to avoid confusion.
- Keep track of manual additions: Keep a record of all manually added students and their details in a separate spreadsheet to avoid errors and discrepancies.
- Send confirmation emails: Send confirmation emails to manually added students to ensure that they are aware of their enrollment and have access to the course.
- Update student records: Regularly update student records to keep track of progress and ensure that all students have the same level of access to the course materials.
- Avoid duplicate entries: Check for duplicate entries before manually adding students to your course to prevent issues with student records and billing.
- Use Thinkific’s bulk import feature: If you have a large number of students to add, consider using Thinkific’s bulk import feature to save time and avoid errors.
By following these best practices, you can ensure that your manual student entry process runs smoothly and efficiently.
In conclusion, manual student entry is an essential feature that every course creator should consider utilizing in their Thinkific platform. By following the best practices and tips outlined in this article, you can use manual student entry to its fullest potential and reap the numerous benefits it provides. By manually adding students, you can personalize your course experience, provide unique payment options, and enhance the overall learning experience. So, if you haven’t already, give manual student entry in Thinkific a try and see the positive impact it can have on your online course.