As an online course creator on Thinkific, communication with your students is key to ensuring their success and your own. The platform’s built-in email features let you connect with your students from your dashboard. You can also send emails within the platform!
This article will explore setting up your custom email address, creating and customizing email templates, and sending effective emails to individual students or groups. Plus, we’ll share best practices to help you communicate with your students clearly and personally.
Get ready to master Thinkific email with our comprehensive guide!
Setting Up Email Templates
Now that you know why communication with your students is important, let’s dive into how to create custom email templates on Thinkific. Various email templates are available on the platform, including welcome emails, enrollment confirmation emails, and course completion emails.
You can access the “Notifications” section in your Thinkific dashboard to customize your email templates. From here, you can select the type of email you want to customize and edit the email’s content, subject line, and design using the WYSIWYG editor.
The content of the email should align with your brand and communication style. You can include images or other media to make the email more engaging, but keep the design simple and easy to read.
One useful tip is previewing the email template to ensure it looks and functions as intended. You can also send a test email to yourself or a colleague to get feedback on the email’s design and messaging.
By creating customized email templates, you can provide a more personalized experience for your students and reinforce your brand identity.
Sending Emails to Students
Emailing students is essential to maintaining communication and engagement with your audience on Thinkific. Fortunately, sending emails is straightforward and can be done within the platform.
There are two primary ways to send emails to students on Thinkific: individually or to multiple students at once. Let’s start with how to email one student at a time within the platform!
Option 1: Sending an Email Individually
To send an email individually, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Support Your Students” tab on your Thinkific dashboard and select “Users.”
- Scroll down or use the search bar to locate the student you want to email.
- Click on their email address to open a new window.
- Within the new window, enter a subject line and fill out the details you want to appear in the body of the email. Thinkific’s WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor allows you to format your text or include an image or file.
- If you want to preview the email before sending it, select the “Send Test” button to send yourself an example of what the email will look like.
- Once ready, select the “Send” button to email the student.
Option 2: Mass User Email – Sending an Email to Multiple Students
- To get started, navigate to the Users section of your Admin dashboard’s Support Your Students tab. This will display a complete list of your students and their email addresses.
- You can select all students from here by clicking the checkbox at the top of the list. If you need to remove students from the email list, simply uncheck their names.
- Additionally, you can use the Filters option to filter users based on course enrollment, enrollment status, coupons used, and other options. Doing so can help you narrow your email list to only those students who need to receive the message.
- Once you have selected the desired recipients, click the Message button next to the checkbox.
- You can also use variables at the bottom of the message window to automatically pull in the student’s name and email, making your message more personalized.
- Before sending the email to the selected users, sending a test copy to yourself is always a good idea. You can do this by clicking the Send Test button at the bottom of the message window.
- After you’re ready to send the email, simply click Send, and you will see a confirmation message popup verifying that the message was sent.
It’s important to note that Mass User Emails are not saved within your dashboard. If you want a copy of the email, click the Send this email to me option. However, this will send you a copy of the email, but other recipients will be blind copied (BCC’d), meaning you will not be able to see these recipients on your email copy. You can read more about how to see mass emails in Thinkific’s Help Center.
Where Emails to Students are Usually Sent From
When sending emails to students within the Thinkific platform, it’s important to note where they are usually sent. Emails sent from Thinkific are typically sent from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
It’s important to remember this so that your students know these emails are coming from your course platform and not from your email address. This will help maintain your course’s professional image and avoid confusion among your students.
Additionally, it’s a good idea to customize the email templates you use within the Thinkific platform to align with your brand and communication style. This can strengthen your course branding and make your emails more recognizable to your students.
Benefits of Sending Emails within Thinkific
Sending emails to individual students and groups within Thinkific can be a powerful tool for enhancing your students’ experience and improving your course completion rates.
When you email individual students, you can personalize the message, address their questions or concerns, and offer additional support to help them succeed. This can help build a stronger connection with your students and improve their satisfaction with your course.
Sending mass emails to groups of students can also be beneficial for keeping everyone on track, reminding them of upcoming deadlines, or providing important updates. This can be especially useful for courses with many students or those with time-sensitive materials. Group emails can also be a great way to provide additional resources, tips, or advice to benefit everyone in the course.
Overall, sending emails to individual students and groups can help you communicate more effectively with your students and build stronger relationships with them. Keeping your students engaged and informed can improve course completion rates and help them achieve their goals.
Best Practices for Effective Communication
In addition to understanding how to send emails within the Thinkific platform, it’s important to know how to craft effective emails to your students. Here are some tips to help you communicate more effectively:
Tips for Crafting Effective Emails to Students
- Use a clear subject line: Your subject line should be clear and concise, giving your students an idea of what the email is about. Avoid vague subject lines that could be interpreted in multiple ways.
- Keep it brief: Students are busy and have little time to read long emails. Keep your message short and to the point. Use bullet points or numbered lists to break your message into easily digestible chunks.
- Personalize your message: Address your students by name, and use a friendly, conversational tone. This helps create a sense of connection and build rapport.
- Include a clear call to action: Your email should have a clear purpose and a specific call to action. This could be asking students to complete an assignment, sign up for a webinar, or provide feedback on a course.
- Proofread your message: Before hitting send, take the time to proofread your message. Check for spelling and grammar errors, and ensure your message is clear and easy to understand.
When you address your students by name and use a conversational tone, you help to create a sense of connection and build rapport. This can lead to better engagement and retention.
Keeping your message brief and to the point also ensures that your students read and engage with your message. If your email is too long or complex, your students may skim it or ignore it altogether. Keeping your message short and sweet increases the chances of your students reading and responding to your message.
In conclusion, sending effective emails to students is essential to creating a successful online course on Thinkific. Whether you’re sending an individual message or a mass email, it’s important to follow best practices for effective communication to ensure your students receive and understand your message.
To recap, we discussed the different types of email templates available on Thinkific and how to customize them to fit your brand and communication style. We also provided detailed instructions on how to send emails to students individually or in groups within the platform.
To create effective emails, it’s important to keep your message concise and to personalize it whenever possible. Use clear subject lines and include relevant information such as upcoming course content or deadlines.
You can foster a strong connection with your students and keep them engaged throughout the course using Thinkific’s impressive tools. We encourage all course creators to take advantage of these tools and continue to improve their communication skills to ensure a successful online course experience.