Are you struggling to manage your online courses effectively? Look no further than Thinkific! This popular platform offers a variety of features to make course creation and management a breeze. However, keeping track of everything can be difficult, even with the best tools. That’s where Course Admins come in.
In this article, we’ll explain what Course Admins are and why they’re essential for managing your online courses. We’ll also give you a step-by-step guide on assigning Course Admins as a Site Admin, so you can delegate tasks and streamline your course management process. Let’s get started!
Understanding Course Admins
As a Site Admin on Thinkific, it’s important to understand what Course Admins are and how they can help you manage your courses more effectively. Course Admins are essentially users who have been granted permission to manage certain aspects of your courses. They can help you with everything from creating and editing content to grading assignments and managing student progress.
Depending on what you want them to do, there are different levels of Course Admin access and permissions. The most common Course Admin types are co-teachers and graders. Co-teachers can create and edit course content, manage discussions, and view student progress. They can also communicate with students and answer their questions. Graders, on the other hand, have more limited access. They can only grade assignments and provide feedback to students.
Another level of access is the ability to view student progress reports. This is typically reserved for Site Admins, but you can also grant Course Admins access to these features if you want them to help you analyze student performance and identify areas for improvement.
In addition to these access levels, you can also set specific permissions for each Course Admin. For example, you can allow them to view and edit all courses or limit their access to specific courses. You can also control what they can do within each course, such as creating and editing content, managing discussions, and grading assignments.
By understanding the different levels of Course Admin access and permissions, you can delegate tasks effectively and ensure that your courses are managed efficiently. So if you’re a Site Admin on Thinkific, take some time to explore these features and see how they can benefit you and your team!
Assigning Course Admins as a Site Admin
Assigning Course Admins on Thinkific is a straightforward process that can help you delegate tasks and streamline course management. Here are three different methods for assigning Course Admins as a Site Admin: Setting one up from scratch, assigning a course to them through the course builder, and assigning via the user settings from the dashboard.
Setting Up a Course Admin
- Firstly, ensure you are logged in as a Site Admin or Site Owner.
- Next, navigate to Support Your Students and click on Users.
- You can create a new user account or select an existing one to edit.
- Under the Details tab, select the checkbox for Course Admin and hit the Save button.
Assigning a Course to a Course Admin through Course Settings
- To assign a course to a Course Admin, select Courses under Manage Learning Products from your Admin Dashboard.
- Click into the course you want to add a Course Admin too, and then select Admins, Revenue Partners, & Affiliates from the Settings tab of the course builder.
- Under Add Course Admins, select your chosen Course Admin from the dropdown list and click Add.
- The user will now see the course as an option under My Courses on their Admin Dashboard. You can access the Settings tab at any point to add/remove Course Admins.
It’s important to note that only Site Admins have permission to assign/remove access to edit courses.
Assigning a Course to a Course Admin through User Settings
- Another way to assign a course to a Course Admin is through User Settings.
- Select Users under Support Your Students from your Admin Dashboard, and click on a Course Admin’s name to access their profile settings.
- Select the Course Admin tab, choose a course from the Make [User name] an admin for dropdown menu, and click Submit to make the user a Course Admin for the course.
- You can access Users to add or revoke access to courses at any time.
Following these steps, you can assign Course Admins on Thinkific and streamline your course management process. It’s important to ensure that you only grant the appropriate levels of access and permissions to each Course Admin to ensure the security and integrity of your courses.
Managing Course Admins
Once you have assigned Course Admins on Thinkific, it’s important to manage them effectively to ensure the smooth running of your courses. Here’s how you can manage your Course Admins as a Site Admin.
Managing Course Admins and their Permissions
You can remove Course Admins anytime by going to the Admin Dashboard and selecting Users under Support Your Students. Find the user you want to remove and click on their name to access their profile settings. Then, uncheck the Course Admin checkbox under the Details tab and click Save.
To update Course Admin permissions, you can follow the same process and change the level of access for each Course Admin as needed.
Best Practices for Managing Course Admins
- Only assign Course Admin privileges to individuals who need them.
- Limit the number of Course Admins to minimize the risk of errors or unauthorized changes.
- Regularly review the list of Course Admins to ensure that everyone still needs access.
- Communicate clearly with Course Admins about their responsibilities and expectations.
- Provide training and resources to Course Admins to ensure they can perform their tasks effectively.
- Consider creating a Course Admin agreement or policy to ensure all Course Admins understand their roles and responsibilities.
How to Assign Course Admins in Thinkific – Conclusion
Congratulations! You now clearly understand what Course Admins are and how to assign and manage them in Thinkific. Course Admins play a vital role in managing courses, allowing Site Admins to delegate tasks and responsibilities while maintaining control over the platform. By assigning Course Admins, you can streamline your course management and save time while ensuring your students receive the best possible experience.
If you haven’t already, we encourage you to assign Course Admins to your courses and take advantage of their benefits. Thinkific offers many features and functionality to help you create and manage successful online courses. To learn more about Thinkific and its features, check out our blog, Knowledge Base, and Thinkific Studio for additional resources and support.
Thank you for choosing Thinkific to power your online courses. We wish you success in your journey as an online educator!