If you’re a course creator on Thinkific, you know that naming your courses appropriately is essential for attracting and retaining students. In this article, we’ll explore how to change the name of a course in Thinkific, as well as offer tips for choosing the right course name in the first place. Let’s dive in.
Accessing Course Settings
Step-by-step instructions for accessing the course settings in Thinkific:
- Log in to your Thinkific account and select the course you would like to edit from the dashboard.
- Click on “Settings” at the top of the page, then select “Course Details” from the left side menu.
- On this page, you will find all of your course details, including title and description, pricing options, access details, and more.
Explanation of where to find the course name field:
Once you are on the “Course Details” page, scroll down to locate the “Name” field and click on it to make changes. This is where you can enter or update your course’s title as it appears in search results or student dashboards. You can also add a subtitle that will appear beneath the main title in search results and other areas of Thinkific.
Changing the Course Name
Changing the name of a course in Thinkific is a straightforward process that can be completed in just a few steps. Here is how to do it:
Step 1: Log into your Thinkific account and navigate to the Manage Courses page.
Step 2: Select the course you want to rename from the list of courses displayed on this page.
Step 3: On the left-hand side, click on “Settings” and then select “Basic Information.”
Step 4: In the section labeled “Title,” enter your desired course name and click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page.
Once you have entered your new course name and clicked Save Changes, it will be applied across all areas of your site where this information appears, such as your home page or sales pages. It is important to remember to save any changes you make before leaving a page. Otherwise, those changes may not be applied when you revisit that page later on.
Updating Course Links and Marketing Materials
After changing the course name in Thinkific, it is important to update any existing links or marketing materials that reference the old course name. This will help ensure that all of your content remains up-to-date and consistent for your students and customers. Here are some tips for updating course links and marketing materials:
- Update Course Links: Make sure to update any existing hyperlinks or URL links pointing to the old course name so they link to the new one instead. This includes not only external sources, such as social media posts but also internal ones, like email campaigns and other promotional materials.
- Maintain Consistency: It’s important to maintain consistency when updating course links and marketing materials after a name change. Having multiple versions of a link can be confusing for customers, so make sure you use the same address everywhere you have promoted your course in order to avoid broken links or confusion.
- Check Third-Party Platforms: If you have promoted your course on third-party platforms such as Facebook Ads or Google Ads, be sure to double-check those accounts after the name change to make sure all of your ads are linking correctly with the updated URL address.
By following these steps, you can ensure that all of your content remains up-to-date with minimal disruption for your students and customers after changing the name of a Thinkific course.
Potential Issues and Troubleshooting
Explanation of potential issues that may arise when changing a course name:
When changing the name of a course in Thinkific, there are potential issues that can arise, such as broken links, incorrect URLs, and outdated content. Additionally, changes to the course name must be propagated across all associated materials (e.g., emails and landing pages). This can be time-consuming and requires careful attention to detail.
Tips for troubleshooting and resolving these issues:
If you encounter any issues while attempting to change the name of your course in Thinkific, it is important to take the following steps:
- Check for broken links or incorrect URLs by running a thorough test on the entire site.
- Ensure that all associated materials have been updated with the new course name (e.g., emails, landing pages).
- Make sure any external references (e.g., social media accounts) have also been updated with the new information.
- Double-check everything before making your changes live!
Summary of key steps for changing the name of a course in Thinkific:
The process for changing the name of a course in Thinkific is relatively straightforward and consists of the following steps:
- Log in to your Thinkific account and go to the dashboard.
- Navigate to Course Settings > Basics > Course Name & Description and make any necessary changes to the title or description fields.
- Click “Save” when you are finished making changes.
- Refresh your page or log out and back into your account so that the new name appears on all related pages, such as landing pages, enrollment forms, etc.
Importance of updating course names when necessary:
It is important to update course names when necessary because this will help keep your courses organized and easily identifiable in your library or search results page, which can improve user experience and encourage more enrollments or purchases over time. Additionally, updating course names can help ensure that students are getting accurate information about their purchase before they pay for it, which can lead to better feedback ratings from customers going forward.
Final thoughts and recommendations:
Changing the name of a course in Thinkific is an easy process that requires just a few simple steps – logging into your account, navigating to the correct settings page, making any necessary changes, saving them, and refreshing/logging out & back in again so that all affected pages show the updated content. Keeping track, of course, of titles is important for keeping things organized within your library as well as providing accurate information to potential buyers – both factors that contribute significantly towards improving user experience with your courses over time!